Microsoft Office 365 is Winona State’s email, file storage, and productivity solution for all employees and students. WSU provides email services accessible via the web to students, faculty, and staff as part of the E-Warrior Digital Life and Learning Program. Be sure and check your WSU email account regularly as this is the way that WSU communicates with you.
We will never lease your email address to any advertisers and we take a pro-active approach to blocking unsolicited-bulk email messages that could clutter your inbox.
Accessing your WSU Office 365 mailbox
There are two ways you can get to your Microsoft Office 365 Web dashboard and the Outlook Online application where your WSU email is stored:
- This is a direct link to your Office 365 dashboard on the Web. You may want to bookmark it.
- Click on Office365 & Email on the Resources tab on www.winona.edu
Your login credentials are your StarID followed by "@go.minnstate.edu" for students and "@minnstate.edu" for employees . Your WSU email address, however, will remain your friendly email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org for students and email@example.com for employees.
Setting your primary Minnesota State email
If you are registered as a student or employee of more than one Minnesota State school, it is best to set your WSU address as your primary email address while you are attending WSU. Use the following steps to review and change your primary email address:
- Go to https://starid.minnstate.edu
- Click on the box for "Sign in to Profile"
- Sign in with your StarID and password (If you forgot your password, then go back and select the box to Reset your Password)
- At the top of the page, click "Office 365 Contact"
- Make sure your listed primary email is either First.LastName@go.winona.edu (for students) or Username@winona.edu (for employees)
- If it does not match the previous step, click "Select New Student Contact Card" and select the correct email address.
- 25 GB inbox
WSU email policies
- You have a 25GB mailbox capacity
- We cannot forward your WSU email to another, non-WSU email address. According to FERPA Guide 2012 p 39: "Non-public educational data should never be sent to non-institutional assigned accounts... The institution would be held responsible if an unauthorized third party gained access to a student's education record..."
Contact Phone Support at 507-457-5240 option #1.