|UNDER CONSTRUCTION: This article is incomplete and under construction. Direct questions to TLT (firstname.lastname@example.org).|
Whether you are a participant or a host, Test Zoom before your meetings to ensure your microphone and camera are working properly, practice using Zoom meeting functions, and troubleshoot any technical issues. Test live with colleagues or Winona State University support staff, or on your own by connecting to Zoom's open test meeting.
- Are your speakers, headphones, or earbuds working properly?
- If you have multiple outputs (e.g., speakers and earbuds) which one should Zoom use and do you know how to switch outputs if Zoom picks the wrong one?
- Is your microphone working properly?
- If you have multiple microphones, which one should Zoom use and do you know how to switch microphones if Zoom picks the wrong one?
- Do you know how to mute and unmute your microphone during a meeting?
- Is your webcam working properly?
- Do you know how to switch between Gallery and Speaker View? Do you know the difference between the two?
- Do you know how to enable and disable your webcam?
- If you are going to be asked to share your screen, do you know how to do that?
Before you test Zoom
- Download and install the Zoom application if you haven't already.
- Sign in to Zoom using your StarID
- Activate your Minnesota State Zoom Pro host account if you are planning to host meetings.
Testing with TLT
TLT (email@example.com) would be happy to help you test your Zoom session. We can arrange for multiple people to join if needed. Just contact us to make an appointment and send the Meeting ID.
Join Zoom test session
- Visit http://zoom.us/test.
- Click the blue Join button to launch Zoom.
- When prompted by your browser, click Open Zoom Meetings or Open Zoom. If you don't have Zoom installed on your computer, follow the prompts to download and install Zoom.
More wiki articles
Except where otherwise noted, text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.