Conducting a poll in Zoom
About this article
This article provides an overview of the features and functions of the Zoom web conferencing system. It is intended for all WSU students and employees interested in conducting or attending online meetings using Zoom.
Creating a poll
The polling feature allows you to create a single choice or multiple choice polling questions for your webinars and meetings. You will be able to launch the poll during your session and gather the responses from your attendees. You also have the ability to download a report of polling after the webinar or meeting closes. Polls can be conducted anonymously if you do not wish to collect attendee information with the poll results.
Here is a recap of the steps involved in creating a poll in Zoom. For more detail, refer to the links to the Zoom Support site below.
- Select the pre-scheduled session in which you are planning to poll.
- For Meetings, go to the Meetings page and click on your scheduled meeting.
- for Webinars, go to the Webinars page and click on your scheduled webinar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Polls.
- Click Add to begin the creation process.
- Enter the title of the poll and your first question.
- Type in your answers and click Save.
- To add a new question to this poll, click + Add a Question.
- To create another independent poll, go to step 2 above.
For more information on creating polls in Zoom, refer to
Launching a poll
- Start the scheduled session. You will have already created the poll before the session is started.
- Select Polling in the menu bar.
- Select the poll you would like to launch.
- Click Launch Poll.
- The participants will be prompted to answer the polling questions. The host sees the results live.
- When you are ready to stop the poll, click End Poll.
- If you want to share the results, click Share Results.
Downloading a report of poll results
You can download a report of the poll results after the meeting. If registration was turned on and the poll was not anonymous, it will list the participants' names and email addresses. If registration was not on, it will show the results, but list the users as "Guest". If the poll was anonymous, it will show "anonymous" for the participants' names and email addresses.
- Go to https://minnstate.zoom.us/account/report.
- Choose Meeting.
- Choose Poll Report.
- Adjust the date range to include the date of your meeting.
- Click Search.
- Click Generate for the meeting you wish to report.
- You will be taken to the Report Queue page. When the report is done processing, the page will refresh and a download button will automatically appear. Click Download to download the .CSV poll results.
- Zoom Help Center
- Zoom training from Linkedin Learning
- From the Zoom Help Center:
Related Wiki Topics
- Protect your participants' identities in Zoom meetings
- Protect your identity in Zoom meetings
- Update your Zoom client
- Zoom Webinars
- Create recurring Zoom sessions
- Test Zoom
- Sign in to Zoom using guest credentials
- Sign in to Zoom using your StarID
- Install Zoom
- Using a document camera in a Zoom meeting
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.