Using LinkedIn Learning in your Brightspace course
About This Article
This article describes how to integrate the LinkedIn Learning videos into your Brightspace course. It is intended for instructors using Brightspace or those interested in using Brightspace in the future.
What is LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is an online learning platform licensed by Winona State University that provides access to thousands of self-paced courses led by professional instructors. Any Winona State University student or employee can sign in to LinkedIn Learning using their StarID credentials. Courses consist of a series of short videos designed to help you develop your creative, technical, and business skills. LinkedIn Learning provides continuous, self-service access to videos via multiple devices, at home or on the go, online or offline. When you finish a course, download a certificate of completion and share it through social media and your online resume, where employers can identify your skills and professional interests. Instructors can curate collections of LinkedIn videos, share them with students, and monitor their progress.
Integrating LinkedIn Learning into your course
- Within your D2L Brightspace course, navigate to Materials and then to Content. Go to the module into which the document is to be added.
- Within that module, click Existing Activities and then External Learning Tools.
- Click LinkedIn Learning option from this list.
- A search box will appear and you can search (or choose History) for any video, course, or learning path you wish your students to view. To the right of the content, you would like your students to see will be an Add button and once you click on this resource will pull the title and any description they provide about the course over to Brightspace.
- Select the Confirm once you have added your content (Note: this might be at the bottom of your screen so make sure to scroll down).
- This will take you back to the Content module you were in and the new content will appear at the bottom and any changes to the description or title can be made at this time.
- Activate your LinkedIn Learning account
- Accessing LinkedIn Learning on a phone or tablet
- Documenting and sharing your LinkedIn Learning achievements
- LinkedIn Learning Help System
- Searching for LinkedIn Learning Courses or Subjects
- LinkedInLearning for Admins
For a complete listing of topics, select from the category list below.