DLC Summer 2020 Class Projects/Robin OCallaghan Express Capture
This project is designed to help students within Professor O'Callaghan's courses record with your webcam via the MediaSpace Express Capture. In this resource, you will learn all about the process of recording with Express Capture and embed your videos to a D2L Brightspace Discussion.
Recording in MediaSpace Express Capture
Follow the steps below to start, stop, upload, and save webcam recordings:
1. Use your favorite web browser to login to your MediaSpace account at mediaspace.minnstate.edu using your Star ID username and password. This will take you to your My Media page.
2. Select Express Capture from the Add New menu.
3. Click the red 'Record button to begin recording. The browser might prompt you to "allow" it to use your camera and microphone. Select Allow in both cases.
4. Once you are done recording select the Stop button.
5. Next, you have the following options:
- Watch your recording by clicking the play button
- Download a copy
- Use this recording
You will need to click on the Use this to save the recording to MediaSpace in order to submit it to the D2L Discussion Board.
Embedding videos in D2L Brightspace Discussions
1. Go to the Discussion area of your Brightspace course and choose the Forum and Topic you would like to post your video link to.
2. Within the Discussion post, select the Start a New Thread or Reply to Thread buttons depending on your instructors' directions.
4. A series of media tools will be on this page and you will choose the My Media (you may need to scroll down to see this).
5. You should see all your videos load and can choose the one you are going to use by choosing the Select button and hit "Next" button in the lower-left corner. Note: If you do not see your videos you may have your browser blocking pop-ups to this site and need to adjust this setting.
6. Click on the Insert button the one you want to have in your Thread.
7. Click the Post button and you are done.
- Update to a new version of Kaltura Capture
- Changing Kaltura Capture video layout
- Accessing MediaSpace files as a collaborator
- Review student multimedia assignments using assignment folders
- Review student multimedia assignments using a discussion topic
- Embed a MediaSpace file into a Brightspace assignment folder
- Embed a MediaSpace file into a Brightspace discussion topic post
- Paste a shared MediaSpace file link to a Brightspace assignment folder
- Paste a shared MediasSpace file link to a Brightspace discussion topic post
- Publish a MediaSpace file for shared access
- Phone: 507-457-5167
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Krueger Library #104
- Phone: 507-457-2206
- Email: email@example.com
- 1:1 Support: Krueger Library #105