DLC Fall 2021 Class Projects/Kent Hansen MeadiaSpace
This project is designed to help students within Professor Hansen's course to upload and share videos through Kaltura MediaSpace and embed them in Brightspace Assignment Submission Folder.
What's the Media Upload tool?
The Media Upload tool in Kaltura MediaSpace allows you to upload video and audio files, stored on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, to your Kaltura MediaSpace account. Once the upload is complete, a copy of that file will reside in your Kaltura MediaSpace online storage and will be accessible from your My Media page.
Uploading Video Files to Kaltura MediaSpace From Phone or Laptop
There are two ways to upload a file from your mobile device to your Kaltura MediaSpace account. First, you could transfer the file to your laptop or desktop computer and then upload it to Kaltura MediaSpace. Second, you could upload the file directly to Kaltura MediaSpace using the Web browser on your mobile device.
- With your phone or laptop, go to Kaltura MediaSpace at https://mediaspace.minnstate.edu
- Sign in with your StarID username and password. This will open your My Media page.
- Select Media Upload from the Add New new menu (Fig 1).
- Select Choose a file to upload. You will then be prompted to browse your device for a video or audio file.
- Once you have selected your file, a copy of it will begin to upload.
Enter file details
- Once the file upload is complete, you can change the title, add a description, add keywords or tags, and select file access permissions.
- Select Save to complete the process.
- Select either Go To Media, to play the file, or Go To My Media (6) to return to your My Media page.
Embedding a Kaltura MediaSpace video file to a Brightspace Assignment Submission Folder
If you have not already uploaded your video to Kaltura MediaSpace you will need to do so. Go to Upload a media file to MediaSpace. Once your video is posted there and finished processing you can begin to post it to a Brightspace Assignment Submission Folder.
1. Go to the Assessments menu of your Brightspace course and choose the Assignments option.
2. Within the Assignments page, select the Assignment Submission Folder you want to embed your video.
3. Within the Assignment Submission Folder, click on the Insert Stuff button(2).
4. A series of media tools will be on this page and you will choose the My Media (you may need to scroll down to see this).
5. You should see all your videos load and can choose the one you are going to use by choosing the Select button and hit the "Next" button in the lower-left corner. Note:If you do not see your videos you may have your browser blocking pop-ups to this site and need to adjust this setting.
6. Click on the Insert button the one you want to have in your Assignment Submission Folder.
7. Click the Submit button and you are done.
Addition Kaltura MediaSpace Resources
- The following articles include more information about using Kaltura MediaSpace tools:
- A quick tour of the My Media page
- How to upload files with the Media Upload tool
- How to record videos with the Webcam Recording tool
- How to create an interactive video quiz
- How to add closed captions to your recordings
- How to trim your recordings
- How to add Kaltura_MediaSpace recordings to Brightspace courses
- How to schedule media availability
- How to collaborate in Kaltura_MediaSpace
- How to build a playlist
- How to create and manage a channel
- How to tell whether people are playing your recordings
CaptureSpace Trimming Tool
- Phone: 507-457-5167
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Krueger Library #104
- Phone: 507-457-2206
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1:1 Support: Krueger Library #105